Are you looking for some relevant, free, and nearby PD this summer? Then #langbook is the thing for you! #langbook is a summer book study that I believe blossomed on #langchat after some teachers lamented the break from #langchat. Laura Sextion (twitter: @SraSpanglish; blog: pblinthetl.com) has done a FANTASTIC job organizing the whole experience. Make sure to give her a special thank you!
This summer the #langcamp community (which is hosted in this Google+ Community) will read and discuss The Keys to Planning for Learning by Donna Clementi and Laura Terrill. While the book was not on my reading list for AMLA 600 at Concordia College, it was added the year after. My peers were fortunate to have Donna Clementi herself come to discuss the publication and its ideas with them. Everyone was so excited after spending the a few days with her and everyone highly recommended the text. Now is my chance to work through it!
Here’s the topics and their respective dates:
- Chapter 1 – 21st Century World Languages Curriculum – Tuesday, July 5th at 8pm Central Time/ 9pm Eastern Time
- Chapter 2 – Unit Design – Tuesday, July 12th at 8pm Central Time/ 9pm Eastern Time
- Chapter 3 – Lesson Design – Tuesday, July 19th at 8pm Central Time/ 9pm Eastern Time
- Chapter 4 – Assessment of and for Learning – Tuesday, July 26th at 8pm Central Time/ 9pm Eastern Time
- Chapter 5 – Curriculum Design (direct link coming soon!) – Tuesday, August 2nd at 8pm Central Time/ 9pm Eastern Time
Please join the #langcamp community, check out the posts related to the Professional Book Club, and RSVP to the individual Hangouts (linked above in the list) so you don’t miss out this summer!